09. What training/educational opportunities do you provide?
Posted on 3rd May 2017
The Rediscovery Centre provides training and education in a number of ways:
- We employ people who have been long term unemployed through Community Employment and offer the chance for people to re-skill and undertake personal development training.
- All our staff learn practical workplace skills in furniture restoration, upholstery, woodwork, fashion design, sewing skills, IT/Computer skills, reuse and recycling skills and more.
- We also run public courses and workshops for a variety of skill levels in furniture restoration and fashion skills.
- We run primary and secondary level educational workshops.
- We also work with Third level research institutions on research projects, and in providing internships and structured work placement.